PREP TIME: 15 MIN / COOKING TIME: 30 MIN / SERVINGS: 4 / SERVING SIZE: 1
- 4tbsp butter
- 1 red onion
- 110g // 4oz green yoghurt
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 8 whole black peppercorns
- 650g // 1 ½ lb chicken breast, thighs or drumsticks
- 1tsp ginger, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1tsp garam masala
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Fry the sliced onions with butter in a frying pan until golden and crispy. Remove the onions from the pan and mix with the greek yoghurt. Blend together in a food processor to create a creamy paste.
- In the same hot pan, add the cinnamon stick, bay leaf, star anise, cardamom pods and pepper corns. Fry for 1 minute to release the oils.
- Add the chicken to the hot pan and season well. Add the minced garlic and ginger and stir to coat the chicken as it fries. Add all other herbs and spices at this stage.
- Pour in the onion and yoghurt paste, and a little water. Stir well, simmer and cover for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- Serve on a bed of cauliflower rice, sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves.
CALORIES: 446 / NET CARBS: 4G / FIBRE: 1G / FAT: 31G / PROTEIN: 34G
GIPHY App Key not set. Please check settings