PREP TIME: 25 MIN / COOKING TIME: 20 MIN / SERVINGS: 2 / SERVING SIZE: 1
- 3 eggs
- 110g // 4oz cream cheese
- 5g // ½ tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- 2.5g // ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees celsius, or 300 degrees fahrenheit.
- Carefully separate the eggs. The whites in a big mixing bowl, and the yolks set aside in a cup to be used later.
- Whisk the egg whites thoroughly for 5-10 minutes, ideally with an electric mixer if you have ones. The whites need to be standing up in stiff peaks when you are finished.
- Beat together the cream cheese, psyllium husk powder, egg yolks and baking powder.
- Using a spatula, gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the stiff egg whites, do this gently to keep as much air in the egg whites as possible.
- Grease and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Dollop big spoonfuls of the egg mixture onto the tray and use the back of the spoon to flatten them to about 1cm thick.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the cloud bread is turning a golden colour. Set aside to cool while you make your sandwich filling.
CALORIES: 162 / NET CARBS: 2GG / FIBRE: 1G / FAT: 14G / PROTEIN: 6G