PREP TIME: 10 MIN / COOKING TIME: 15 MIN / SERVINGS: 2 / SERVING SIZE: 1
Recipe Note: You can make this croque madame even cheesier with the addition of a healthy dollop of our creamy keto-friendly bechamel sauce! Delicious!
- 225g // 8oz cottage cheese
- 4 eggs
- 10g // 1tbsp psyllium husk powder (to thicken)
- 4tbsp salted butter
- 150g // 5oz smoked ham
- 150g // 5oz grated cheddar cheese
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 40g // 1 ½ oz spinach
- Salt and pepper
- Whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together until fully combined. Stir in the ground psyllium powder until combined smoothly with no lumps. Leave the batter for five minutes to thicken up.
- Using a liberal amount of butter, fly the eggy batter into little pancakes over a medium heat, until golden on both sides. We will use these as a substitute for bread so allow two pancakes for each serving!
- Create your sandwich with slices of ham and grated cheese between the warm pancakes. Thinly slice your red onion and sprinkle this on top.
- Fry your eggs sunny-side up, and place on top of the sandwich.
- Dress the spinach with salt, pepper and your favorite infused olive oil and serve!
CALORIES: 1247 / NET CARBS: 10G / FIBRE: 5G / FAT: 107G / PROTEIN: 60G